Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brooklyn


So, im finally getting settled into my new place, learning my way around, and started school this week. It seems like a crazy, long road to get here with so many people and events along the way slowly directing me toward The New School and NYC. Five years ago I was taking med school requirements and just starting to work in the emergency room at Torrance Memorial. Its crazy to think that right now I'd be in med school and a very different person if I hadn't met certain people, read certain books, or if i had just simply ignored, like most people, the crazy shit going on in our world today.

On a different note, Brooklyn is dope for sure. Any of the homies I'm sure will love it out here and I hope you all come visit at some point. Please believe though that in the midst of all the mad parties, music, bars and hip scene out here in Williamsburg, I will not forget why I am here. I was reminded as my sister and her husband drove me into town from Jersey and we drove past the above mural shortly after entering Brooklyn...This is about the revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment